To become the foremost private technical university in Africa and beyond that provides competency based training in all technical disciplines particularly in trade and skilled areas by creating a hub where talents could be identified, shaped and developed for the benefit of society.
To equip passion driven, desirous and determined students with requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to be relevant, competent and competitive professionals in their chosen career path.
We do this through proximal learning where industry is brought closer to the learner, coupled with tuition based on sound academic standards and industrial practice with hands on experience using State-of-The-Art equipment, and facilitated by well-qualified faculty with focus on mastery and measured outcomes.
Our mission informs everything we do at GHTUC, but we also have a set of values broadly categorized into 3P’s. Passionate, Professionalism and Progressiveness.
We are passionate about what we do and love what we do as facilitators.
- Commitment – we believe in what we do so we are loyal, we are creative, curious and deeply committed to the pursuit, impartation and sharing of knowledge.
- Dedicated – we are dedicated to our stakeholders especially industry and our students, actively developing skills, knowledge and attitude of our students to be useful to the media, communications and the creative arts industry.
- Ambitious – adventurous and confident in our practice, courageous to accept the balance of risk of failure and reward in pursuit of progress.
- Excellence – we take pride in what we do. We take responsibility and ownership of all actions and outcomes and strive to adhere to quality and accuracy.
- Diversity – respectfully curious about individual learners needs, embracing difference in our stakeholders.
- Integrity – we deliver what we promise
- Transparency – building trust by being transparent, open and honest in our facilitation, processes, delivery and outcomes.
- Discovery – we unearth talent through discovery, develop professional skills through curiosity, creativity and willingness to learn, generating new ideas and finding new ways of doing things.
- Optimistic – we say it is possible. We see possibility of learning with anyone’s potential, talent and committed to learning regardless of the persons background, belief etc…
- Co – operation – collaborating
The plan is to transform lives and give our students hope through hands - on technical and vocational education to make them better people with employable skill set and also cause them to be competent, relevant and competitive in the market place.
The strategy is about tapping or unearthing hidden potentials, giving people support through facilitation, developing them to be resourceful, dynamic and giving them the enabling environment and adequate infrastructure to gain the needed skills, knowledge and above all, the attitude to perform and deliver.
Our learning environment demonstrates that quality is happening; quality facilities & equipment’s that meets industrial standards are used in training facilitation. Quality assurance mechanisms like standard industrial practice, constant technological changes, new industrial trends are considered during designing and development of our programs during the facilitation, assessment methods and procedures, verification etc. to establish confidence among all the stakeholders (learners, institution and industry)
Pillars of Engagement
- COMPETENCY BASED TRAINING (skills, knowledge & attitude)
- OCCUPATIONAL STANDARD GENERATION (industry led standards)
- LEARNER CENTERED APPROACHES (a shift of emphasis from instructing to facilitation)
- OUTCOME BASED PARADIGM (all learners can learn and become successful)
- TRANSPARENT ASSESSMENT REGIME (panel based assessment)
- INTERNAL VERIFICATION SYSTEMS (ensure that internal assessment are practical, reliable and valid)
- ENHANCE ZONE OF PROXIMAL LEARNING (activity must be within the reach of learner)
Principles of Module Design
- Clarity of Focus – learners would be able to focus on what makes them successful
- Designing back – Limiting unwanted learning
- High expectations – challenging the learner
- Expand opportunities – increases possibilities
- Reducing zone of proximal learning – bringing activity close to the learner.
Quality Management Policy
- To be committed to excellence in education, equality of educational opportunity, and the recognition of each student’s individuality. Inasmuch as students differ in their rate of physical, mental, emotional and social growth and vary in their needs and abilities, learning opportunities are provided that are consistent with personal development and potential.
- To emphasize diagnostic and prescriptive instruction, allowing an individual approach to each student’s learning style and educational needs. The educational program introduces each student to a variety of interest and subject areas that offer exposure to the range of opportunities available in industry. These experiences produce the basis for further education and future employment.
- To assist students to assume more responsibility for the decisions regarding their education.
- To create a school environment that is responsive and conducive for learning. The physical environment facilitates and enhances the learning experiences available to each student. A responsive environment includes competent and dedicated teachers using a variety of techniques and a classroom atmosphere where students can function and develop according to their abilities. Safety, physical comfort, and appearance also are vital environmental components.